Friday, July 16, 2010

A shower!! At Marvilion!

As previously mentioned, we don't have plumbing at our wonderful Marvilion. Though it's been a bit of an inconvenience at times, it's never been a major issue to us - After all, my grandmother's cabin, a half mile walk down the road, allows us to be able to shower on a regular basis, and the lake at our fingertips allows us an easy way to wash our hair, etc. 

But now, at last, we have a shower at the cabin.

Last fall, my mom contracted a guy to build a brand new outdoor bathhouse/sauna for our place. Up until then, we had a building, which used to be a proper outhouse, that housed our composting toilet. The contractor tore that down and rebuilt a gorgeous new building that includes a large sauna, a double shower, our composting toilet, and a double sink. With an electric pump bringing lake water up from the shore, we have (undrinkable, but,) usable plumbing!!

Because of a few set backs, the shower wasn't quite usable for the first couple weeks of us being here. But lo and behold, this afternoon I actually used the shower.

I don't think you quite comprehend how awesome this was. Yes, you heard me. I'm excited to have taken a shower. Now stop judging. 

In other news, with wild blueberries in full bloom up here, my mother and I went for a walk the other day to harvest a few. Though someone had already gone through and picked all the ripe little berries, we got a beautiful walk out of our trip, and I snapped a few photos of the flora surrounding us. Enjoy! 
 -K


No comments:

Post a Comment