Friday, July 16, 2010

Dear Minnesota..

Dear Minnesota:

Though your pristine beauty has afforded me great joy during my summers with you, I am reminded tonight that you are not, in fact, perfect. Surely, I avoid your painfully chilly winters that seem to dump yards of snow, and your record breaking, negative 60, temperatures. But during my lazy summer stays with you, I enjoy even the stormiest bouts of lightening, and the chilliest of evening breezes. That being said, I acknowledge that you are the land of ten thousand lakes. Lake being the sort of habitat that mosquitoes just love. And I acknowledge that your residents jokingly refer to those buzzing little pests as the true state bird. Truth be told, I am reminded nearly every day, that those little bugs are out to drink my blood, and in thinning said blood, make me itch like a mother- 

...

But really, Minnesota, my dear and loyal companion. THIS IS EFFING RIDICULOUS!!!





With no ill intentions meant, I really do love you. Do you just think you might be able to amend this situation somehow? I would be forever indebted to you.

With love and optimism for the future,
Karianna

No comments:

Post a Comment